Free the slaves
Lisa documented on the frontlines of slavery alongside the staff and grassroots partners of Free the Slaves, an organization dedicated to ending modern slavery worldwide.
Proceeds from the sale of any slavery related image or book made by Lisa Kristine goes directly to Free the Slaves to help end slavery. Free the Slaves works on the frontlines of and at a national and international levels to:
- Free People in slavery and help them rebuild their lives.
- Record and share their stores so others can see slavery first hand and be inspired to help.
- Enlist businesses to clean slavery out of their supply chains.
- Work with governments to produce effective anti-slavery laws and hold them to their commitments.
- Research what works and what doesn’t, in order to use resources most effectively to end slavery. Forever.
To help others to freedom, and to dismantle the systems that allow slavery to exist, go to freetheslaves.net
“After witnessing the atrocities of slavery first hand during this project, I am all the more inspired to aid Free the Slaves in their mission. Their dedication to the sustainable freedom of all is inspiring, igniting and motivating.” – Lisa Kristine
Bhutan Youth Development Fund
Lisa has been working with Her Majesty the Queen Mother of Bhutan, Ashi Tshering Pem Wangchuck on a new exhibition and book, Repository of Spirit. This body of work focuses on the rich traditional value of Bhutan. Proceeds from the sales are donated to the Bhutan Youth Development Fund of Bhutan, a organization that teaches leadership to the youth of Bhutan.